What we offer
The great thing about Telford STaRS is we actively involve you in your own recovery care plan and we are a friendly team.
We believe you can make changes for the better, and we know the best way to support you to achieve your goals is by listening to what you want and using our knowledge and experience of what works.
Whether you use drugs a little or a lot, we are here to give you a safe place to talk about your drug use and any other associated problems.
We will help and support you to understand the effects of your drug use on your own life and on those around you. We have lots of different sessions and treatment options for young people dependent on your needs and below is an overview of what is available:
- Advice and information
- Out-reach appointments (where we come and meet you in an agreed location)
- Structured one-to-one support
- Group support
- Group work
- Access to medical support, including detoxification and replacement therapies
- Access to health and wellbeing
- Access to inpatient and residential services
- Support to achieve abstinence
- Support to reduce the harm associated with drugs
- Relapse prevention and management
- Peer support opportunities
- Access to mutual aid
- Family support
- Naloxone training (this can help save lives – find out more)
- Needle supply programmes (Needle exchange)
- Access to Blood borne virus (BBV) screening
Mutual aid can play an important part in peoples journeys towards reducing and stopping their use of drugs. Telford STaRS provides Self Management and Recovery Training (SMART) and we work closely with Recharge Telford, which provides projects, after care and wellbeing support for young people with drug or alcohol issues. To find out more about what’s available please see our timetable area here.