The great thing about Telford STaRS is we actively involve you in your own recovery care plan. We believe you can make changes for the better, and we know the best way to support you to achieve your goals is by listening to what you want combined with our knowledge and experience of what works.
Whether you have recreational use that has got a little out of hand, and you want help cutting down, or if your drug use has impacted on your own life and relationships with those around you – we have something for everyone. Below is an overview of some of the interventions/treatment available from us:
- Advice and information
- Assertive out-reach
- Structured one-to-one support
- Group support
- Group work
- Access to medical support, including detoxification and replacement therapies
- Access to health and wellbeing
- Access to inpatient and residential services
- Support to achieve abstinence
- Support to reduce the harm associated with drugs.
- Relapse prevention and management
- Peer support opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Access to mutual aid
- Family and support
- Naloxone training
- Needle supply programmes (Needle exchange)
- Access to Blood borne virus (BBV) screening
We recognise and support the important role mutual aid may have in an individual’s recovery journey and work with partner agencies to ensure there is as much variety of options available as possible. Telford STaRS provides Self Management and Recovery Training (SMART) and we work closely with Telford After Care Team (TACT) which provides mutual aid, after care and support for people recovering from substance addiction and associated issues. To find out more about SMART please see our timetable area here.
For further information about Narcotics Anonymous speak to one of our team or visit their website.
Reduce the risks..
Drinking too much alcohol or drinking too often comes with lots of risks to your health & relationships.
Here are some practical tips on how to reduce them…
If you are interested in some of the interventions available and activities going on,
take a look at our timetable for more info…